Major Dilemmas while Writing Essays
Essay writing is considered as an easy job that anyone can do without any fuss, but that isn’t the case. Essay writing requires diligence, persistence and hard work, command on the subject, research etc. At times writers face certain difficulties while writing term papers, essays, research reports etc, some of which are discussed below:
- Selection of topic: topic selection is one of the most difficult of all decisions as irrelevant or boring topic gives the reader a torrid time. A good interesting topic catches the reader’s attention and the writers also have a good feel while writing.
- Weak opening: this is another issue that most of the writers face. A dry opening would take the reader into a sluggish mode. On the other hand a more attractive and catchy start grabs the reader to finish the text till the end.
- Lack of effective research: readers are expecting something new that they don’t know when they start reading the text. They expect to know something that they didn’t know before. In order to do so the writer must research the topic fully through different sources so that adds it something extra into it.
- Lack of facts: the use of facts and figure increases the worth of the text. The writer must produce sufficient evidence to back the claims made in the essay.
- Contradiction over the subject: this is another common problem that the writers face. Inconsistency of arguments over the topic creates doubt and confusion in the reader’s mind.
- Organizing and structuring: an organized structure is also very important. An unorganized structure would give the reader quite a bit of problem and difficulty in getting the real message.
- Spelling and grammatical mistakes: these leave a very bad impact on the reader. To avoid this mistake, proof reading should be done.
Essay writing is a complicated task for the simple reason that it involves your conceptual skills, your ability to understand the topic correctly, accumulate your thoughts and then put it on paper. Keeping in view all the solutions provided would help you in designing a high quality academic paper.